links

[[ Home ]]
[[ About Knit Retro! ]]
[[ My Blog ]]
[[ Girl Gone Mod! ]]
[[ e-mail me ]]
[[ Pattern Copies * ]]






recent

[[ Mexican Medallion ]]

[[ Shells Ablaze ]]

[[ Match Mates from Finland ]]

[[ Mexican Bell Sleeve ]]

[[ Jumbo Knit ]]

[[ Spring Greenery ]]

[[ Fun in the Sun & Snow ]]

[[ Here We Go! ]]

[[ About Knit Retro! ]]


archives

[[ October 2005 ]]

[[ November 2005 ]]


mod

The ones that started it all!
The whole reason I learned to knit was just for this pattern.
Maybe someday I'll get around
to making it!


Knit Retro!
[[ ...1960s Mod and Beyond... ]]




Thursday, October 27, 2005  

Dress Top Tunic




Darling little summer tunic - (basically a long, sleeveless sweater). Although shown with shorts in this magazine cover picture, it also has a matching ribbed mini skirt.

The description states it has a ribbed yolk with rolled edging over tubing at neck and armholes. .....Tubing?? Huh?

Considering this was 1968, I'm surprised they even bothered with the shorts or the skirt. But it's nice to know that those of us who were not blessed with 'racehorse' legs would have still been able to be in fashion!.




Comments:
This looks easy to knit - just from the picture.

I'm practicing a pattern from 1981 for my husband, where the ribbing pattern and collar at the top look a lot like this...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

[[ -------------------------------------------------------------------- ]]

* Patern Copies - I actually have most of the patterns for the clothing shown here, but due to copyright laws, I cannot copy/scan/post any of them. Please don't ask. However, I will be happy to let you know the name and details of the magazine or book it came from
and perhaps you can locate it through an antique store or online.

Powered by Blogger
* m a y s t a r * designs

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com